Communication Officer specialized in advocacy techniques (contractor position)
(project- based March 2021 – January 31st, 2022)
The Communication Officer contributes to the WWF mission in general and to WWF´s objectives in Romania in particular by developing and practically implementing the communication activities within assigned projects (ECF Grant for Climate & Energy sector and adjacent initiatives).
The position holder will act based on approved financed project, in alignment with overall WWF Communication Strategy within designated activities.
Your duties will include:
- Communication for ECF Grant for Climate & Energy project:
- Execute and supervise the communication activities approved – the designated Grant for climate & energy sector related project;
- media relations activities (PR)
- business environment and wider public engagement, through content development
- 3 press releases focused on the NRRP and energy-sector recovery/press outreach on findings (to RO and EU press) – to be spelled out clearer also towards EU audience;
- 5-10 national media appearances, focused specifically on energy transition, European Green Deal and EU Funded priorities;
- 3 webinars on green recovery subjects. On each subject bring together relevant spokespeople from the public sector, business environment and NGO partners. The objective of these webinars is to educate, inform and to bring closer to the public – may it be businesses or people – the topic of green recovery, what it means and how it could be achieved.
- Production of communication materials: visual materials design (infographics, presentations, etc.) to support external communication;
- email communication with stakeholders with updates on the project.
- Social media: information posts (10+), webinar communication and engagement (10+ posts), data visualizations based on developed infographics and visuals (3-4).
- Update wwf.ro website with relevant news, information and updates
- Monitoring: ensures regular media monitoring for the project
We expect from you:
- Adhere to the WWF mission, as well LIVES in line with the WWF Values: Courage, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
- University degree in relevant academic discipline
- Native language Romanian; fluently in English, oral and written
- Computer literacy and experience with website management – capacity to work on WordPress and MailChimp platform, knowledge on webinars set-up platforms
- Minimum five years’ experience in communications is necessary, out of which at least three in handling external audiences.
- Past involvement in EU funded projects is a plus, involvement in climate and energy topics would be great.
- Experience with the issues and priorities of WWF, including e.g. climate & energy, environment and nature conservation, and work for an environmental organisation is an advantage but not a necessity
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good networking and organizing skills
- Ability to work with stakeholders having different/conflicting interests on the same issue
- Ambition, energy and drive, with a commitment to making a difference
- A team player, committed to building a strong team and sharing success with colleagues.
- Ability to work in an international environment and within a multi-cultural team
- The opportunity to make a difference – for Romania and for WWF
- Challenging and fulfilling work in one of Europe’s most exciting eco-regions
- Friendly and highly professional working atmosphere in an international context
- Varying tasks and independent work style
- A pleasant working atmosphere and great learning environment
If you are interested in joining the global WWF team, email your application documents including your CV and cover letter (in English) to [email protected]. Application deadline:17th of March 2021. Please understand that we can only reply to short-listed candidates. Please keep in mind that this is a contractor position and the selected candidates should be able to issue invoices for the services provided.