Communication Manager (Full-time, based in Bucharest)
Make a difference to today’s world. Join WWF.
WWF-Romania is seeking to recruit a dynamic and enthusiastic
The Communication Manager contributes to the WWF mission in general and to the WWF Romania annual objectives through leadership in implementing communications plans, strategies and programs crosscutting different nature conservation projects and in alignment with the overall WWF Romania’ marketing and fundraising strategy.
The Communication Manager leads, evaluates, coaches and motivates the communications team, directly reports to the Public Engagement Coordinator and works closely with Digital marketing manager, Offline channels Manager as well as the Corporate Partnerships Manager as part of the marketing management team.
Your duties will include:
- Communication Strategic planning: contributes to the development of the Marketing strategy and budget allocation under the coordination of the Public Engagement Coordinator and oversees implementation.
- Brand Management / Brand custodian: keeps track on the clarity of brand positioning, brand messages and tone of voice and initiates brand related campaigns.
- Focal Point on communication with WWF regional and international
- Campaigns and budget management: coordinates the execution of communication campaigns – roadmap, brief writing, external partners’ selection, budget allocation, internal allocation of the communication project people, etc. and acts as a spokesperson for the organization on designated topics.
- Management of the Conservation and policy project communication: permanently follows up the workload level of the team members vs. the budgeted positions in order to address the gaps and provide solutions in due time;
- Events & volunteering: coordinates the event marketing activities and volunteering programs.
- Native language Romanian and fluent in English (oral and written);
- University degree in Marketing, Communication, Public relations or any related field, is necessary. Master Degree or relevant work experience in any of these fields is an advantage;
- At least 5 years hands-on experience with complex projects in terms of scope, budget, time and people management
- At least 3 years direct experience in coordinating and supervising teams
- Experience in developing communications strategies and plans is a plus.
- Previous work in environmental projects is an advantage.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ambition, energy and drive, with a commitment to making a difference;
- A team player, committed to building a strong team and sharing success with colleagues.
- Commitment to WWF’s mission and priorities;
- Experience with the issues and priorities of WWF, including e.g. environment and nature conservation, and work for an environmental organization is an advantage but not a necessity
- Ability to work in an international environment and within a multi-cultural team;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to collect, analyze and transmit information;
- Good networking and organizing skills;
- Strong/proven writing skills;
- Ability to work with stakeholders having different/conflicting interests on the same issue;
- The opportunity to make a difference – for Romania and for WWF
- Challenging and fulfilling work in one of Europe’s most exciting eco-regions
- Friendly and highly professional working atmosphere in an international context
- Varying tasks and independent work style
- A pleasant working atmosphere and great learning environment
If you are interested in joining the global WWF team, email your application documents including your CV and cover letter (in English) to [email protected]. Application deadline: 14th of September 2020. Please understand that we can only reply to short-listed candidates. For more information on the WWF RO, kindly check the website: http://romania.panda.org/