Project manager for Dam Removal
Part time position, based in Reşiţa
The Project Manager contributes to the WWF mission in general and to the WWF Romania objectives through the implementation of the “Dam Removal” project (focused on the South-Western Carpathian region in the Romania-Banat Region).
The position holder will be responsible for the implementation of Dam Removal project activities aiming for river restoration and will provide support for Freshwater Conservation activities, mainly in the field of water policies implementation in Romania. The project manager will carry out the operational and administrative tasks related to project activities and will support the development of other Freshwater projects.
Your duties will include:
- Day-by-day project management, overseeing and implementing project activities, including visits to the project area, and conducting risk mitigation processes.
- Monitoring and supervising the contracts for execution work to ensure the timely, proper quality, and responsive delivery of outputs and reports. Analysis and application of scientific data, and information.
- Engaging necessary stakeholders and facilitating meetings with them and with project partners.
- Ensuring proper professional relationships with authorities, community leaders, NGOs, and representatives of other sectors.
- Preparing technical and financial reports according to the donor requirements.
- Liaising with the Freshwater team and local WWF Romania teams (especially located in Reșița) and providing support on specific and relevant issues.
- Supporting the communication actions relating to the project, including possible communication with media.
- Supporting fundraising activities of the Freshwater team and developing new projects.
- Acting as a technical expert to explain facts, practices, and contexts, to support and influence external parties in Romania as well as other teams within WWF international.
- In line with the overall Strategic Plan, contribute to the annual work plans with clear priorities, and ensures their efficient implementation in the field of expertise.
- Represent WWF and relevant projects, topics on events, conferences, and workshops related to the field of expertise.
We expect from you:
- Adhere to the WWF mission, as well LIVES in line with the WWF Values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration
- University degree in Water Engineering, Environment, Hydrology or equivalent
- Excellent command of written and spoken Romanian and English
- Computer literacy
- At least 5 years of experience in project implementation and management
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven experience and technical ability to manage a large project
- Effective interpersonal, management, and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability in team management and collaboration
- Structured mode of operation
- High degree of reliability and responsibility
- Solution-orientated, motivating, and supportive
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to travel
- The opportunity to make a difference – for Romania and for WWF
- Challenging and fulfilling work in one of Europe’s most exciting eco-regions
- Friendly and highly professional working atmosphere in an international context
- Varying tasks and independent work style
- A pleasant working atmosphere and great learning environment
If you are interested in joining the global WWF team, email your application documents including your CV and cover letter (in English) to [email protected]. Application deadline: 05.08.2022. Please understand that we can only reply to short-listed candidates.