Junior Communications Officer
Be the voice of positive change! Join WWF România!
Full-time, Bucharest, hybrid
The Junior Communication Officer develops and implements communication activities within designated projects, within the scope of the Climate and Energy department.
The position holder will report to the Climate and Energy Communications Manager and have functional reporting to the Project Manager of the designated projects.
Your duties will include:
Delivering project outputs
responsible for the implementation of the communication activities agreed with the direct manager and project managers, as needed.
plans activities well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances
manages time effectively and delivers outputs within deadline in agreement with direct manager
monitors own performance against deadlines and milestones (within PDJ-Personal Development Journey process)
contributes to designated project Communication Strategy and Action Plan development
actively participates in project meetings, takes notes and offers insight
insures the implementation process respects the designated budget
Using the communication channels and tools based on the developed Action Plan:
WWF websites and social media: permanently updates relevant information on wwf.ro and other project websites/blogs, on social media channels (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, TikTok, LinkedIn)
PR: writes press releases and builds relationships with interested journalists and bloggers;
Publications: writing, editing and translating communications materials such as articles, interviews, news, presentations, different project publications (reports, studies, etc.) Provides relevant conservation content/stories for brand communication
Events: contributes in organising stakeholder engagement/external promotion/media events at local and national level for project or communication campaign;
Monitoring: ensures regular media monitoring for the projects assigned (based on media monitoring daily alerts, social media and website analytics), keeps colleagues informed on burning/hot issues/developments in fields of interest and (jointly) prepares reactions where necessary and in agreement with direct manager;
Keeping abreast of developments and innovations in the field of communications/marketing and imports relevant tools/ideas;
Partnerships: seeking and contributing to the creation of informal partnerships with media, local NGOs, public or commercial entities in order to meet or expand project results in the implementation area, to increase reach of messages, add new and relevant expertise to own (WWF) initiatives, or to test new channels of public engagement/awareness.
We expect from you:
- Adhere to the WWF mission, as well LIVES in line with the WWF Values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration
- Ambition, energy and drive, with a commitment to making a difference
- A team player, committed to building a strong team and sharing success with colleagues
- Commitment to WWF’s mission and priorities
- Genuine interest and desire to contribute to the environmental protection work in Romania
- Ability to work in an international environment and within a multi-cultural team
- Ability to meet deadlines strictly
- Good networking and organizing skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. Public speaking abilities will be an advantage, but not a necessity
- Ability to collect, analyse and transmit information in a relevant manner
- University Degree in Communication, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Social Sciences or other related field is necessary.
- Native language – Romanian; fluent in English, oral and written
- Computer literacy and experience with website management
- Relevant experience – minimum 1 year experience in a similar position, including experience in delivering online (social media management) and offline (events) communication
- Previous work experience in an environmental organisation is an advantage but not a necessity
- A creative portfolio including copywriting, graphics and/or video production will represent an advantage
- Passionate about engaging people through effective communication and keeping up with communication trends
- Interested in topics like environment protection, sustainable living solutions, ecological footprint, climate change, renewable energy, climate adaptation, biodiversity
- Optimist, sociable, empathetic and interested in working with local communities
- Self-organized and punctual
- Solution oriented
- The opportunity to make a difference – for Romania and WWF
- Challenging and fulfilling work in one of Europe’s most exciting eco-regions
- Friendly and highly professional working atmosphere in an international context
- Varying tasks and independent work style
- A pleasant working atmosphere and a great learning environment
If you are interested in joining the global WWF team, email your application documents including your CV and cover letter (in English) to [email protected]. Application deadline: 08.11.2023. Please understand that we can only reply to short-listed candidates.